PART TIME/PER DIEM DISPATCHER
SUMMARY: The Dispatcher shall perform general dispatch work in the protection of life and property through the coordination of Fire, Ambulance and Police Services as well as the Highway and Sewer Departments.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Respond to emergency and non-emergency call for assistance and information.
• Monitor and operate a multi-line telephone console system, radio system and computer aided dispatch system (CAD)
• Translate information to the appropriate codes.
• Determine and assign the level of priority of the call and enter the data into CAD.
• Ask vital questions and record the information provided with accuracy.
• Dispatch and coordinate the responses of public safety agencies.
• Enter and modify information into local, state, and national computer databases.
1. Ability to make independent judgments.
2. Ability to work under stressful conditions.
3. Ability to communicate well verbally and in writing.
4. Ability to work well with others.
5. Ability to deal effectively with all facets of the public.
6. Ability to work flexible hours if needed.
7. Possess typing skills
8. Must be able to complete satisfactorily a comprehensive training program.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of the job of an Emergency Services Dispatcher.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee frequently works in stressful conditions.
Application and Personal History Questionnaire can be found at Woodstock Emergency Services building or a copy maybe requested via e-mail at Police@townofwoodstock.org
Send completed application and Personal History Questionnaire to:
Woodstock Police Department
ATTN: Chief Robbie Blish
P.O. Box 212
Woodstock, Vermont 05091
Current Woodstock Emergency Services Employees need only to submit a Letter of Intent and resume.
Position Closing Date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED
The employee appointed to this position will be subject to a six-month probationary period.