Now Hiring – Assistant Zoning Administrator
Town/ Village of Woodstock
Planning & Zoning Office
ASSISTANT ZONING ADMINISTRATOR
Under the direction of the Municipal Planner and Administrative Officer, the Assistance Zoning Administrator is a full-time position that assists with the administration of the Town and Village of Woodstock’s Department of Planning & Zoning Office.
Duties & Responsibilities
• Customer Service ¬¬– Greet and assist the public, including property owners, title searchers, attorneys, realtors, and contractors, etc. with the permitting process.
• Receive and review applications for completeness; inform applicants when additional information is needed.
• Record application data and prepare pre-hearing documentation for delivery to applicants/abutters/agents, according to the statutory requirements and office procedures.
• Manage office operations and perform tasks as delegated by the Municipal Planner and Administrative Officer.
• Ensure that all application and permit fees are collected and delivered to the Treasurer in a timely manner before the rendering of a decision or issuance of a permit.
• Manage the planning and zoning website, including posting agendas, application materials, minutes, and recordings.
• Update property lists, maps, and procedures as needed.
• Post permit materials and notices on the Town Hall information board, library, and Emergency Services building.
• Type Notice of Decisions for the Board Chair’s authorization.
• Assist in the preparation of the Planning & Zoning Annual Report.
• Assist in the identification and preparation of planning and land use grant opportunities.
• Attend Board and Commission meetings as requested by the Municipal Planner and Administrative Officer.
• Perform other duties as assigned by the Municipal Planner and Administrative Officer.
• Bachelor’s degree (preferred) with a course of study in land use planning, related field, or equivalent career experience.
• Commitment to learning and understanding the rules and regulations pertaining to Woodstock’s land use regulations.
• Interest and knowledge of planning and zoning, municipal government, and land use law.
• Computer skills, including database management, word processing, word-press website, and video conferencing (preferred).
• Highly organized, detail oriented, and self-motivated.
• Ability to manage confidential information in a professional and legal manner.
• Ability to communicate effectively and judiciously, both orally and in writing.
• Ability to evaluate and resolve conflict.
• Ability to work independently, with the desire to collaborate.
• Dedication to improving and expanding on personal skills and abilities.
• Positive attitude and willingness to be a part of a team.
This job is a salaried position as defined in the Town & Village Personnel Policy and is eligible for employee benefits as defined therein. The Assistant Zoning Administrator works from 8:00am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday, except holidays, with a one-hour unpaid lunch. The Assistant Zoning Administrator is responsible for opening and closing the Department office. It is recognized that time may be required outside of these hours as requested by the Municipal Planner and Administrative Officer.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Woodstock is an equal opportunity employer. All personnel transactions are based on merit and job-related qualifications without regard to race, ethnicity, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, disability (except when any of these factors is a bona fide occupational qualification).
Application period closes June 3rd 2022