The Economic Development Commission was established by the Town Select Board and the Village Trustees in February 2010. New members were appointed in July, 2015 following the town voter approval of a 1% local options tax on rooms, meals and alcohol to be used for community and economic development purposes.
Julia Cooke, Co-chair
Charlie Kimbell, Co-chair
Goals of the Economic Development Commission:
To plan & implement sustainable economic development in Woodstock.
We are tasked with:
1. Encouraging and helping existing and new businesses prosper, creating more job opportunities, becoming more environmentally conscious,
2. Making this a livable and welcoming community for a diverse, multi-generational population,
3. Promoting a welcoming, sustainable Woodstock area,
4. Improving and making the best use of land, buildings and other physical infrastructure, and
5. Developing tools to promote a sustainable economy.
Sub-Committees of Economic Development Commission:
• Economic Resources
• Civic Revitalization
• Recreation Assets
To be considered for appointment to the Economic Development Commission, complete the form below:
Request for appointment to board or commission
All appointees must be interviewed by the Woodstock Select Board who meet regularly on the third Tuesday of each month.
Please submit the completed form to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Presentations/ RFPs 2018:
COMMUNITY GRANT Information:
Community grants are made to individuals, organizations and businesses for projects and programs that support the mission of the EDC.
2018 Community Grant Applications (Funded):
Job Bank Bit Time
Sunday Afternoon Jazz
East End Eats
Village Green Lighting
Woodstock Christian Child Care
• Woodstock Chamber of Commerce
• Woodstock Job Bank
• Local First Alliance
• Two Rivers Ottauquechee Regional Commission (TRORC)
• Green Mountain Economic Development Corporation
• Vermont Department of Economic Development
• Vermont Department of Labor
• Vermont Small Business Development Center (VtSBDC)