Vacancies – Finance Committee
The Select Board and Village Trustees are jointly seeking applicants interested in joining the Finance
Committee. Committee work will involve attending regular monthly meetings and some work outside
of meetings to prepare for and follow up after meetings.
The Finance Committee will work with Municipal management to:
● suggest improvements to the current budget process
● support the process of creating the municipal operating and capital budgets
● help to restructure the municipal accounting system to provide easy-to-understand,
comprehensive, accurate and timely financial reporting that is accessible by the public
● conduct analysis to assess improvement opportunities e.g., historical trends, benchmarking
● develop a long-term (10+ years) financial plan
● review and recommend financial policies
Ideal candidates will have as many of the following qualifications as possible:
● Experience in managing or overseeing the financial results of an organization
● Understanding of financial reporting, both internal and for external constituencies
● Familiarity with budgeting processes, cash flow and debt management
● Familiarity with financial accounting
● The ability to work within an organization on a consultative basis to make positive change
A more detailed draft of the scope of the Finance Committee’s work can be found below. Please recognize that this is a draft to be revised by the Committee at its first meeting.
If you are interested in being considered for this Committee, please send an email to Nikki Nourse at [email protected] for an application. All applications will be due by June 1, 2022 to be considered. Interviews by the Select Board and Village Trustees are required. The first interview will take place on June 7th at 10:00 am at the Town Hall and by Zoom with the Select Board. The second interview will be on June 14, 2022 at 6:30 pm at Town Hall and by Zoom with the Trustees. Please call the Municipal Manager’s Office at (802) 457-3456 with any questions.